Whether you go to your grandma’s on Sunday or go out, Sunday dinner is an icon for most in Harlan County. When you don’t feel like cooking or your grandma is out of town, take a trip to one of these ten places to have Sunday dinner in Harlan, Kentucky!
- 1.) The Dinner Bucket – The Dinner Bucket serves a Sunday buffet, but be sure to check and see if they are open before you go! The buffet is all-you-can-eat and is located inside of the Benham Schoolhouse Inn. They offer foods such as BBQ chicken, fried fish, oven roasted potatoes, baked beans, steamed broccoli, salad, rolls, and an assortment of desserts, and so much more. The menu varies weekly. The Dinner Bucket is located in Benham, KY.
- 2.) The Portal – The Portal is a staple of downtown Harlan. From 11:00 AM to 7:30 PM on Sunday, you can stop by and feast on delicious wood fired pizzas, pastas, sandwiches, etc. Keep up to date with The Portal as they have specials on different days. You don’t want to miss out!
- 3.) Corner Cafe – Open from 10:00 AM until 6:00 PM on Sunday, the Corner Cafe is located in Evarts, KY. The Corner Cafe offers home cooked meals and a salad bar on Sunday that isn’t offered throughout the week. You don’t want to miss the fresh salad bar!
- 4.) El Charrito and Sazon Mexican Restaurants – El Charrito and Sazon Mexican Restaurants are located in Harlan and are open from 11:00 AM to 9:30 PM. They both offer authentic mexican cuisine every day of the week.
- 5.) Rax Restaurant – Rax Restaurant is open from 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM on Sunday and has a special hot bar. This bar can feature ham, fish, baked potatoes, etc. This is the last operating Rax in the state of Kentucky! It is located in the city of Harlan.
- 6.) Huddle House – The Huddle House is also located in the city of Harlan. Many travelers stop to eat on Sundays on their way out of town. The Huddle House is open from 6:00 AM to 12:00 AM daily. At Huddle House, the coffee is always fresh and the grill is always hot!
- 7.) Dairy Hut – Dairy Hut is located in Harlan, KY and is open from 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM on Sunday. Dairy Hut offers dinner on Sunday, as well as dessert after! Their dinner menu consists of hot ham and cheese, deluxe dairy burgers, footlong hot dogs, etc.
- 8.) Picnic – A great place to have Sunday dinner is in the beautiful Harlan County hills! Grab a bite to eat at the Don’s Super Saver Deli or the Food City Deli and have a picnic at one of the overlooks in Harlan County. What a great way to finish your week!
All of these places to have Sunday dinner aren’t in any particular order. Try them all and rank them for yourself!